Saturday, October 1, 2016

WHAT THE RAIN TOLD ME - By Pat Obilor

Pat Obilor Founder&Publisher, Mogulettes Africa.September 30, 2016 •
Few hours ago, I decided to quickly dash to the local Mall in my street to get some groceries and then on my way out, a torrential rainfall began and I was angry. I love water but I am very finicky. I wouldn’t step on a rug or go near the toilet when my feet or body is wet so I would always pray never to be caught up in the rain but tonight, was an exception. I decided to romance the tide by stepping in the rain and besides, I couldn’t wait to resume Jason Statham’s the Mechanic which I paused before leaving my room. In the rain, I didn’t run or try to cover my hair, I just walked enjoying the pleasure of being washed down, and then I remembered that my country Nigeria will be 56 tomorrow and I imagined what is going on in the minds of her beautiful people… My friend, I know you have mixed feelings now, maybe indifferent or angry because she has pushed you to the wall. They ask you to pay for tax which you aren’t sure it’s helping you; it brought foreign exchange policies that doesn’t seem to be working with the economy even at the parallel market. It deprives you of your amenities and you spend overtly extra for the things you ought to enjoy. It can’t even produce your girls or provide jobs for your graduates, it sends your men to war with little or no ammunition and some die, what more? Your road is a dead trap and you feel totally insecure with the health care system. Now you are so worried because the government seems to be working at snail speed. I know If Nigeria was a guy, you’d probably want to squeeze his b**ls and if she were a lady, you might be tempted to pull her hair till it hurts, I am Nigeria, I understand and I am sorry. Nigeria’s Timi Dakolo said: “we are all we’ve got and we need to defend our land”, we need to keep loving, believing, protecting and working on it, even stop calling names or expressing disgust for the things that has failed you. It’s like a family, we get so mad at each other to the point of ranting but somehow, we make up again. It’s a miracle and that is how we are as one Nigerian family. We are a threefold nation but yet, there is unity and strength in our diversities. You are Nigeria and the glory of this nation rest on your shoulders, if you give up or bring down yourself, who will lift you up? This country has not answered all your questions for many years but we cannot turn our backs on a crying child because she refused to speak! Please reignite your hopes and celebrate your little victories but note this, If one day you can’t take it anymore and you need this child to speak, or you need a revolution to right every wrong and produce leaders who would do exactly what they pledge in their manifestos, if one day you decide to be the change that you seek… the change that reminds us of the glory of our men, that extols the virtues of our women, the change that protects our girls, the change that breeds and nurture young leaders for the future and makes every amenities for humanity present in this nation… my name is Pat Obilor, please call me. #HappyIndependencedayNigeria #Goodpeoplegreatnation #PatInspiresSeries Written by Pat Obilor Founder&Publisher, Mogulettes Africa.
Follow @funkyninjaent on ig, twitter and snapchat
Add your comment

No comments:

Post a Comment